- There was a 104% increase in traffic to Ford Explorer pages in Jumpstart Automotive Group’s websites on that day.
- Daily users for Ford Explorer pages on Jumpstart’s websites more than doubled compared to the July average.
- Daily page usage for days immediately following the reveal date also improved by 66%, 25%, 13% and 8%, showing that Facebook marketing can pay off big if done well.
- Ford’s share of of SUV shoppers on Jumpstart’s websites grew by 52% on the reveal date.
- The Ford Explorer was the most researched SUV on Jumpstart sites that day.
- Dollar for dollar, Ford’s return on investment for the Facebook reveal outperformed the company’s return on Super Bowl ads in 2010, which resulted in only a 14% increase in shopping growth.
Source: Press Release
Jumpstart and Ford proved that Facebook marketing can work for the automotive industry. The Facebook-only reveal of the 2011 Ford Explorer is the first such Facebook marketing success for new auto roll outs in automotive industry history.
There are some fan-run pages out there so when you check this out take note of that. Fan-run pages are ok, but it would be a shame to think you found the official Ford Fan page when in truth you haven’t. The image to your right is from one of the stronger Fan-run pages. Below are links to other Ford and advertising activities and information.
Things to do…
> Visit Ford Explore Facebook Fan Page
> Read Ford reviews at AutoConverse.com
> Follow AutoConversion on Facebook
More About Jumpstart Automotive
Jumpstart Automotive Group is a leading representative of in-market automotive publishers with the most highly engaged audience of online car shoppers. Founded in 2001, Jumpstart Automotive Group capitalized on the massive shift taking place in advertising — the move of ad spending from traditional to interactive advertising. With online advertising expected to be a $42 billion industry by 2013, Jumpstart is leading the way, growing exponentially each year to a nearly 1000% increase in revenue since our founding.