Recent and Upcoming Scheduled Events
- FEB 14 – Acquisition Strategies of Carmax and Carvana [WATCH/RSVP]
- JAN 10 – 2018 Recap and What to Expect in 2019 feat. Chip Dorman [Video Replay]
- DEC 6 – The Evolution of Calculating Vehicle Age feat. Aaron Gomez, Chip Dorman, & Jasen Rice [Video Replay]
Subscribe Free and Watch Live
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel and press the BELL icon to be notified of all lives streams.
- View live streams and interact with other viewers on the AC Masterminds Watch Page.
Show Notes and RSVP
RSVP on the Recurring Facebook Event to show your interest in this series. This is where we promote each and every upcoming event within the series, and where we include show notes and links to things we discuss.
Join the Mailing List
Sign up right here on this page to join us “Backstage” on the Zoom Webinar. By signing up you will benefit from…
- Guaranteed access to each event within the series, giving you the ability meet the people we bring on from event to event, and the option to participate in each session’s Q&A.
- On-demand access to the online library of previously recorded sessions.
- Invitation to join the exclusive LinkedIn Discussion Group for Influencers and Contributors where you can collaborate with other enrolled members.
About This Series
According to the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA), used-vehicle gross profits as a percentage of transaction prices has been shrinking, bit by bit, for nearly the past decade.
NADA data shows that in 2009, used vehicle gross profits ran 14.3 percent of average vehicle transaction prices, compared to 12.1 percent in 2016. This diminished return may not seem like much, but it’s a significant difference when you consider the average used vehicle transaction price has grown by nearly $4,700 (from $15,210 in 2009 to $19,886 in 2016, a 31 percent increase).
The challenge, and opportunity, for dealers rests in how you contend with margin compression.
The Used Car Marketing Strategies Mastermind Series is a recurring series of virtual web events that explores people, ideas, and best practices in the Used Car Business through conversation (and occasional presentations) on how to combat margin compression and grow your market share.
Key talking points in these discussions include…
- How to have a consistent vehicle sourcing/acquisition pipeline
- How to improve time-to-line and make vehicles retail-ready faster
- How to reduce inventory age and move vehicles faster
- How to streamline your disposition strategy