A Look Back
Last year we began introducing blockchain technologies such as cryptocurrency to our coverage. Four of our 12 monthly shows had blockchain or crypto in the title, but every month we covered at least one or more related stories, with the FTX implosion at the climax in November. We also kept a steady focus on the new and used car markets and the evolution of BEV, or battery electric vehicle technology and innovation. And towards the end of the year we began cracking the door on energy and sustainability.
Show titles were:
- Dogeparty, R.I.P 3G, And GM’s Used Car Marketplace
- 4th Annual Super Bowl (LVI) Commercial Review Of Mobility Tech & Connectivity Ads
- Great Women In Tech, Auto Lending On Blockchain, And The Automotive Acquisition Experience
- Musk Buys Twitter, Ford Lightning EV Truck Launch, And 80 Crypto Social Media Platforms
- Inflation Days, Big Media Fallouts, And Frictionless Auto Shopping
- Flat Markets, Rising Costs, Sinking Production, And The Wild Ride Of Crypto
- Tesla Loses On Bitcoin, Mass EV Adoption, And Why Auto Shopping Will Never Be The Same
- Private Vehicle Ownership And The Impact Of BEVs In The Scrapping Business
- Rising Rents, Interest Rates, And What Really Is An Instant Cash Offer?
- FTX And Sam Bankman-Fried, Banning TikTok, And Relief In Car Prices
- Automotive Concierge Services And The Pros And Cons Of Residential Solar Power
Podcast episode titles were:
- A Look Back, Look Up, and Look Ahead – MTC Style
- Autos Affected by 3G Shutdown, BrightDrop EV Momentum, and the Carvana Effect
- Canada Truckers Ignite a Movement, Test Supply Chains, and CarBravo to Enter Used Car Market
- Freedom Convoy Arrives at the Capital, Super Bowl Commercial Reviews
- Cryptocurrency Gets Love, Scrutiny, and is Dogeparty Making a Comeback?
- Inflation Days, Travel Armageddon, and Frictionless Auto Shopping
- Relief at the pump, but for how long? SEC vs. Ripple
- US Oil Going to China? Plus…Great Women in Technology
- Snapchat for Desktop, Ford EV Sales, and How Cryptocurrency is Changing Social Media
- Media Integrity, 1984, and the Wild Ride of Crypto
- Fewer Cars, Less Ownership, and Revisiting Auto Lending on Blockchain
- Aladdin, Carbon Hypocrisy, and Toyota’s Push for Hydrogen Fuel Cell
- Inflation Reduction Act, the Climate Crisis, and ESG Ratings
- The Zero Emission Scam and What to Expect When Buying a Car Today
- EV Tax Credits, a Nod to the Queen, and More Car Buying Tips
- Electrification, Autonomous AI, and the Impending Used Car Bubble
- TikTok Shop, Electric Vehicles, and Future Energy Demand
- Pot Delivery, Tesla Universal, and AI Concierge for Auto Shoppers
- Musk Now Chief Twit, Energy Innovation, and How EVs are Changing the Scrap Industry
- Brands Flee Twitter, Solar or Bust, and Not Your Typical Roadkill
- FTX Implodes, Batteries on Wheels, and What Really is an Instant Cash Offer?
- Apple Hypocrisy, the Twitter Files, and the Illusion of Privacy
- Shifting Trends in Energy, Tech, and the Fate of Push-Button Car Shopping
A Look Up
As we take a step back to evaluate, and look up to see the larger picture of how we are connected and the way we get around, we must first express our gratitude for your viewership and listenership. Our YouTube channel is used primarily for recording purposes via the live monthly streams, but we also publish occasional video shorts, as well. As a result, we do not push the channel heavily for live viewers and subscribers, because our focus is on the podcast, which garnered and average of more than 1,600 weekly downloads. The podcast does syndicate to YouTube and LinkedIn, but they do not appear to fetch the audience that the podcast does directly.
A Look Ahead
Looking ahead, we see a continued expanding focus on energy & sustainability as well as blockchain technologies. This will include scrutiny and oversight on things such as ESG, or environmental social governance policy among global corporations. The vehicle markets will remain a constant focus with continued emphasis on BEV innovations, plus other fuel alternatives such as hydrogen fuel cell, or FCV. This is the cornerstone of the impact that the power shift with energy plays. We also see a more assertive push back against the rhetoric and propaganda of a climate crisis, while careful not to be confused with the importance of environmentally sound technology and policy.
Our editorial formula for the year will consist of bi-weekly live shows on our YouTube channel, which will be trimmed and cleaned for the podcast. Similar to what we did in 2022 but with twice the volume of live shows and less post-production of the podcast. The live shows will continue to be Unlisted after they air, and the cleaned up podcast versions will continue to be syndicated to the channel for public consumption. Subscribing to our YouTube channel will be the best way to access both, however subscribing and listening to the official podcast with your preferred podcasting app will give you more control and options over the podcast listening experience.
The MTC Show Live
January 11, 2023 at Noon CT