The 2011 Hyundai Tucson is a typical Eurasian vehicle in that its built on the same type of frame and features some of the same core components.
The 2.4-liter I4 engine gives it just enough power to make it road drivable and keep most drivers happy, but it doesn’t go overboard. It includes an engine cover and 6-speed automatic transmission with Shiftronic. The drivetrain is all wheel drive.
Also included as a standard are 4-wheel disc brakes and motor driven power steering.
The Tucson also comes in 10 available trims:
- All Wheel Drive Automatic Transmission GLS
- All Wheel Drive Automatic Transmission GLS PZEV
- All Wheel Drive Automatic Transmission Limited
- All Wheel Drive Automatic Transmission Limited PZEV
- Front Wheel Drive Automatic Transmission GL
- Front Wheel Drive Automatic Transmission GLS
- Front Wheel Drive Automatic Transmission GLS PZEV
- Front Wheel Drive Automatic Transmission Limited
- Front Wheel Drive Automatic Transmission Limited PZEV
- Front Wheel Drive Manual Transmission GL
Each trim has its own unique features, but generally they all come equipped with:
- 17″ alloy wheels
- Body color rear spoiler with LED lights
- Roof side rails
- Side garnish
- EZ lane change assist
- Rear privacy glass
- Rear wiper with washer
- Body color door handles
Inside the car, standard features include:
- 60/40 split fold-down rear seat
- Tilt/telescopic steering wheel
- Trip computer
- EcoShift indicator
- Power door and liftgate locks
- Remote keyless entry with alarm
And there’s a whole lot more.
Standard safety features include 4-wheel Anti-Lock Brakes, Electronic Brake-force Distribution with Brake Assist, Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control, Hillstart Assist Control, Downhill Brake Control, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, and much more.
The net horsepower is 178 at 6,000 rpm and torque is 168 at 4,000 rpm. The transmission is 6-speed automatic with overdrive. Fuel economy is 21 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway; combined is 24 mpg.
The 2011 Hyundai Tucson is a 4-door SUV that offers comfort, affordability and style. You’ll enjoy driving it.