If you’re going to spend $100,000 on a vehicle, then you want that vehicle to perform. You also want it to contain a great deal of luxury, and be comfortable to ride in – for you and your passengers. The 2011 Lexus LS Hybrid delivers on all of those and isn’t a let down in any way.
Besides all the personal benefits you’d expect from a Lexus, with the LS Hybrid you also get the knowledge that you are helping the environment. One more benefit.
But let’s look at the features:
- Let’s start with the engine: it’s a 5.0-liter, 90-degree V8, longitudinal-mounted with 389@6400 horsepower output and 385@4000 torque.
- For anti-theft: valet lockout, break resistant security glass, and engine immobilizer – that’s just a few.
- The braking system includes regenerative braking, EBFD, 4-wheel ABS, brake assistance, all-wheel drive, and auto engage parking brake.
- The sound and navigation system is top of the line with GPS and hard drive navigation aid and real-time traffic and voice activation, wireless communication access for Bluetooth-enabled devices, vehicle location system, 450-watt AM/FM radio, 19 speakers, 6-disc CD changer, MP3/WMA player, and XM(R) Satellite Radio with 3 months of service.
- Front power glass tilt and slide moonroof.
And there are tons more.
Options include a pre-collision system with dynamic radar cruise, 19-inch chrome alloy wheels, and several special packages.
The 2011 Lexus LS Hybrid gets 19 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway with a 20 mpg combined fuel efficiency rating.