A look at some of the 2012 automotive highlights in the Philippines has some interesting roll outs. According to the Inquirer, here are 12 of the best auto announcements this year:
- The Ferrari and Maserati showroom in Taguig City
- Lamborghini announced its own showroom at Bonifacio Global City
- BMW introduced its 3 Series
- Toyota sported the FT-86
- America’s favorite sports coupe, the Ford Mustang, debuted at the 2012 Manila International Auto Show
- Hyundai raced in with two new models
- Mazda signed a distributorship agreement with the Malaysian Berjaya Group
- Eurobrands Distributor Inc. became the new distributor for Peugeot
- Volkswagen married Ayala Automotive Holdings Corp., which became the official Philippine distributor for Germany’s people’s car
- Mitsubishi Mirage reached an important sales landmark
- Subaru rolled out the BRZ trim
- Toyota broke new ground with record sales in the Philippines
We’re particularly excited about the Ford Mustang announcement because it’s the only truly American vehicle to make the announcements. No Chevy and no GMC.
Ford’s in great company here. The new Mustang comes available with a 3.7-liter V6 Premium engine or the 5-liter V8 GT Premium engine. Both engines are remarkable and are offered at incredible price points in the Philippine market.
American cars are on the go in markets worldwide, but residents of the Philippines sure love their Mustangs.